Are you creative? Are you a YouTube junkie? Do you like making videos?
The School of ECE wants to add some videos to our website that would attract
high school students to ECE, and we want to tap into the creative ideas of
you, our students, and your opinions of what would work with that age group.
Please consider making a video for this competition. Prizes of $250 will be
awarded in each of the three categories:
– “What is Electrical Engineering?” (What it is and what EE’s do)
– “What is Computer Engineering?” (What it is and what CmpE’s do)
– “A Student’s View” (topics could include senior design, classes, student
organizations, co-op, ECE concentrations, undergraduate research, study
abroad, BS/MS program, etc.)
We will post all videos to a website and allow current ECE students to vote
for the winners. ** We are adding additional prize, The Judges Prize ($250), to be
selected by a panel based on a combination of being the most informative and
Each video should be 2-3.5 minutes in length, and we ask that all videos portrait
the topics in a positive way (no negativity). We would also like to see some
diversity among the people in the videos.
Please do not be overly concerned with professionalism of the filming of
your videos. We want your creative ideas and can do editing later to polish
the winning entries and/or refilm segments before posting the videos to our
website. We will also consider adding some content from faculty researchers
and from industrial partners to the EE and CmpE videos.
Here are instructions for joining the site in
– Make sure you are in “My Workspace” (this is the default when logging in)
– Under Workspace Tools on the left side, select Membership
– Click the blue tab for “Joinable Sites”
– In the Search box to the right, type “ECE Video Competition” (without the
quotes) and click the Search button
– Click the Join link
– If you do not see ECE Video Competition as one of your main yellow tabs,
then click the My Active Sites tab, and you should see it in that list.
Details of the format and file naming conventions are on the T-Square site.
All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm, February 15, 2013 to the ECE Video
Competition site on T-Square.